Hear Me Out

Now I see you through
a different set of eyes.
I should be exhausted
doing all this chasing around.

The more I chase after you,
the more you elude me.





I've been trying to know you,
to feel you,
to understand you.
Why can't you see me too?

Damn it!

I've been trying in vain to reach out to you,
to have some kind of connection with you.
Why don't you ever get me too?

If you would give me even half the chance,
you'd find out I'm no mystery.
I'm just as normal
as a human can be.

But sadly,
the same can't be said of you.
You're still a mystery,
an enigma to me.

Sometimes I wonder,
are you human?
I mean really.

Aren't there at least
a tiny part of you
that could relate to me,
that could understand me?

Or have you no heart at all?

Because if you do have one,
why do you act
so indifferent,
so unaffected,
so uncaring.

Why?

The silent voices
are driving me crazy.
Now even my own voice
sounds hollow and empty.

Can't you see that?
Can't you feel that?
Or maybe...
you just opt
not to know
and not to care...

20.05.2018